Friday, August 10, 2007

Huon River Flood

Well it has been raining for 3 days and nights now! And the Huon river is in Flood - you know one of those 10 year floods. the last time I remember it being this high - two of my cousins saved a bunch of sheep that were on their way to Heaven. The Glen Huon road has been closed from Huonville - and I think that they were going to close the Bridge tonight because they were afraid that as the tide comes in the water will go over the top! Years and Years ago like about 50 or 60 years ago when the old bridge was there - the flood waters were really high and a truck went over the edge - I'm pretty sure it was an Uncle or my pop's truck - but Stan reackons not (I AM older though - so therefore I would know BETTER)!!!
Anyways - the road was closed but we decided we couldn't be bothered going around the Judbury way (like a 20 min detour)!! So we just drove through - it cleaned the car nicely.
Sadly I think a horse was washed away the poor thing i bet it was petrified!! - there were about 50 ina paddock right on the river .
And mum informed me tonight that they saw a dead cow floating past the Mushroom farm. So glad that is NOT my drinking water!!
It made me think a bit about Noah and how pannicked the people must have been when te rain just wouldn't stop. Bet they wished they Believed old Noah hey!!

Kelsea is so funny now! She copies everything. tonight stan was trying to get her to say his name - she did - once... then just went babababababababa......she was also copying his tapping his bowl with his spoon.....very clever - she loves stan.

Kelsea's sleeping is sooooooooo unpredictable. One night, 10 hours straight ...the next awake every two hours.....then I give in and pu ther in bed with us.wea re in a doubl ebed and that makes for very coasy sleeping - seeing as Kels likes to spread out!! One benefit - Jared sometimes gets back rubs from Kelsea!! I finally go ther to drink a bottle of milk - milk milo anyway! for a while she just wouldn't drink - it was a bit of a worry!! I have finished feeding her now - she will be one in two weeks.

Sold over $1000 at a parety today - thanks Mel!!

Hopefully Photos to come!!!

2 comments:

The Kings said...

I was wondering how you guys were coping with the floods. Saw it on the news last night. Sounds like you are going great with the tupperware! Well done.

Anonymous said...

Good words.