Friday, August 13, 2010

Go Kelsea!

8 hours. On her own. In her OWN bed. So FANTASTIC. We really don't remember the last time she slept all night in her bed. She woke once at 10:30pm (after being asleep for 3 hours) very itchy as usual. I had been asleep for an hour. JAred gave her some phenergan - like half a dose (as it usually does nothing much and I didn't want too much in her system) and she eventually fell to sleep. Of course Eamon woke about this time! But Jared gave him a bottle and then, well the night turned into the next day as if by magic! Only I couldn't sleep as I kept waking and having really strange crazy dreams and this morning at about 5:30am I woke for good and so did Eamon - we tried to leave him for a while but it seems that 5:30 is his natural waking time - maybe 6:00 at a stretch. So we had about 6 and a half hours straight in our own bed with NO kids!! This morning Jared said 'wow I almost feel normal!"

On Monday night we made a chart in FHE for Kelsea. it was a "I can sleep in my own bed" chart. I really didnt' think it would work - but the first night she came in I said - 'oh we need to take you back to your bed!" and she agreed. There is an incentive - if she stays in her own bed all night for a week she gets a barbie.... not even sure she remembers that now though as I keep forgetting the stickers and she doesn't seem to mind. So not sure if making her go to her own bed is the reason she eventually slept or sheer exhaustion from 4 years of poor sleeping but I'm not complaining fingers crossed its her new pattern from now on ( had to get her out before the belly gets too big anyway!).



Oh we are LOVING LOVING LOVING it in the new place. This morning I opened the blinds to a summer-like day (no doubt it is chilly out there though) we have views of mountains and a tiny bit of ocean, no neighbours and we can't wait for summer to go to the beach everyday. I'd go now but Eamon heads straight for the water and it is far too freezing for that!

7 comments:

The Kings said...

oh wow - go Kels!! That's great. I don't know how you cope Becky. I have broken sleep but I think I get a lot more than you do and if you have a good sleep then everything else is so much better too.

I can't wait to see your new place! Will have to come for a look soon.

Liseee said...

Yay Kels!!! Hope you have lots of stickers on that chart when we come up next week!!!

Aimee said...

awesome news bec... so so happy for you. i seriously do not know how you do it, especially being pregnant. sleep deprivation is awful so lets hope this sticker chart works and kels gets her barbie and SLEEPS all night long!

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Love Lorraine.
xxx

Charlotte said...

That is awesome news Bec! Whoo Hoo! fingers crossed that Kels continues to sleep in her own bed.
So glad you are loving the area!
Yes I too can not wait to get to the beach with Harri in Summer - Hurry up warm weather!

Cassie said...

Hey Bec,
been stalking your blog for a little while! I only have Callie and I am sleep deprived, she is going through a really clingy stage where she wants to sleep with me and it's driving me crazy! Don't know how you do it with two and one on the way! I had to sleep 14 hours a night when I was preg! I don't know what I'll do with the next one! Hopefully won't be as sick! :)
Love Cas xoxox

Rebecca said...

Oh cas 14 hours! that would be great - though dont' reckon I could actually sleep that long! You slowly get used to little amounts of sleep - though you do go insane - hope you don't get sick the next time - \I think it is a little less bad each time - but still goes on for as long. x Good luck with Callie!