Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bargain buy

I have been wanting to buy one of these high chairs that sit on a dining chair for ages.


There are a few different designs around - I was just after the base model - something cheap practical and not taking up all the room in the kitchen area - I looked around at the baby shops , toyworld, kmart etc and discovered that they all started at around $50. Thinking I could get one cheaper I then started looking on gumtree.com.au and while there are tons of bargains they did not have the chair I was after. Then I found it - posted on the bulletin board at the local IGA - I ended up getting it for $15 in excellent condition with its box and instructions! People are amazing - I NEVER keep boxes or instruction sheets after something is put together - the instructions are usually impossible to understand and the boxes become play things for the kiddos. Anyway - jack is much happier now - just got to get the food into him! We are also happier as we don't have to juggle him whilst trying to eat our dinner one handed anymore!



This is where I used to put him when making dinner - til he toppled out onto his nose!

6 comments:

Cullis Family said...

These seats are awesome, I love ours.

Anonymous said...

Great bargain. I am proud of you.
Jack looks so much like Kels.
Love Lorraine (F.M.I.L.)

The Kings said...

Excellent Becky!

Watson said...

You're a good bargain finder Becky! I'm impressed with all the stuff that you've picked up at garage sales.

Liseee said...

now that is a bargain!!!!

Aimee said...

oh, fantastic you got one for $15! looks perfect for his age... wish I had one of those back when eli and meg were that age!