Friday, June 3, 2011

Cross Country




I know I haven't posted about Kelsea's first day of school - mainly because the pictures are on my phone and I don't know how to get them on the computer - as I raelly have NO idea where all the cords are!
But a month or so ago Kelsea participated in her first cross country event. We were told that the kinder children would be doing a smaller run than the older ones - but didn't realise it was only like 20m shorter! It ended up being a 600m race - and I am fairly certain that Kelsea ran the whole way! Which is a fantastic effort. Chloe was also in the race and Lachie also participated which was a crack up but I'll let Steph tell that story!

It was an awesome day - the school have 'houses'and the children had made up chants and had placards and flags, it was a real race-day atmosphere.

Grandma came along to watch the girls in their first big race.

I was so proud of Kelsea - she must get her running genes from her daddy as I don't reckon I could run that far these days wqith out stopping (and keeling over)! Jared said as a kid/teen that he would run forever and never get puffed out - hopefully our kids will be like that too - I never was great at long distance!

It was so hard to get into take pictures and these people kept getting in the way- so no pictures crossing the finish line (and the camera battery died then too!)

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Go Kels! That's great that she did so well. All of us were good long distance runners as kids - not so much now :)

Anonymous said...

It was a great day wasn't it Bec?
I thought it was great that both the girls ran all the way without stopping.
Love Lorraine.
xxx