Sunday, June 19, 2011

South Australia Trip

Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your naaaame (dah dah dah dah dah)

And their always glad you caaaaaame....

The birthday boy

Jack and I travelled over to South Australia for our eldest nephew Jake's 18th Birthday.

Jake with girlfriend Danielle

We had a great time catching up with all my siblings (except Tyler who didn't come over - slacker! :) ) !I told stan I wanted a picture for Jack to look back and go - 'oh thats me with Uncle Stan'
This is what he came up with.


Alex playing a tune for me (Eamon reminds me of him as a toddler)

Uncle Brian and Aunty Liz were threatening to take Jack home with them (Brian was introducing him as HIS son at the bar)!


Brian being a pain so this is his best side!

Liz and Jack
And some of Jack's cousins.

Halle and Owen at the Whale museum at Victor Harbour


Lisa and I were also lucky to catch up with our old friend Jasmyn - who had just had her second little baby. It was so lovely to see her and see that she hasn't changed much in the last decade or so.

Jake was able to have a famiy dinner on his actual birthday at the local hotel - really yummy food! Love all those old stone buildings in SA. And also a party on the Saturday at his dad's.
Jack with Owen
Jack had his first real solids at Aunty dannie's - banana - and he LOVED it.

Archer was a great big cousin and introduced Jack to the dummy - which he now loves and so do I as it means MUCH less feeding - especially overnight! He also gave him a little blue beanie - as he slack mother forgot to pack one (SA winters are pretty cold).




Dannie - the hostess with the mostest...

Dannie hosted most of us in her hundred or so year old 'hall' I always feel creepy in old buildings but this one is very different and has a lovely spirit to it - and it may have something to do with all the rock salt lamps she has around. They have so many wonderful properties - I actually can't remember them now - but go look em up!! I ended up buying one for Jared - and want to get one for each bedroom now.
Its nice to be around 'your' people sometimes. And it was great to come home to 'my' people - we really missed them all and Eamon kept kissing me at the airport!

7 comments:

Watson said...

Nice that you got to spend some time with the fam, and have a bit of a break from the regular routine. I can't believe how old your nephews are now!! Jack looked like he was adored by everyone... and so he should be! Were bananas any cheaper over there?

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Jack's eyes are so huge and blue.
I think he looks a lot like Jared in the photos,
I am glad you got to have a break, and I got to know Eamon a lot bettter. He is such a 'boy', and he is a funny little man too. He was sooo good.
Love M.I.L. Lorraine.
xxx

Rebecca said...

hey Nicki - no bananas are still pricey there too. Yeah Jack is like jared - and Eamon has been a bit of a terror this week - think I must trigger it in my kids!!

The Kings said...

So nice you got to have some time away with your fam Becky. xxx

Cullis Family said...

That is lovely that you got to spend some time with your family. xx

Cassie said...

Gee Jake looks like Brian when he was younger... Well like the photo's Mum has from old family things! I get to go home to be with my people in August! It's nice to all be together! Specially when you have kiddie's!

Rebecca said...

oh Cassie! great to hear from - you! August hey? What dates I may jsut have to pop down to see you still havent'seen Callie!