Sunday, March 28, 2010

Argh!!

I am so SICK of these!!!
WE have tiny brown ants that materialise in SECONDS! I got up this morning and looked at a cake I'd made last night - it was moving - I was SO annoyed - as it was really nice and my oven usually burns everything - plus I had run out of butter for the icing :( SO today we went to Jared's Folks to Pilfer some MINT from Lorraines lovely Herb garden....she gave us some to plant - which is just awesome as I love the smell of fresh mint. OH the mint is for the ants - my mum told me she used to use it in her cupboards when we were little....

Ants are amazing creatures. A few months ago I caught sight of a teeny ant pulling a spider which was MASSIVE in comparison - not sure what his plans for it were - didn't know that ants were carnivores!! (sorry its not that clear!!)


5 comments:

The Kings said...

oh don't you hate them! We have HEAPS in our house at the moment too. Will have to give the mint a go.

Debbie said...

Plant the mint in a pot or it will take over the whole garden. Hope it works.

Rebecca said...

Thanks Debbie!

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing photo of the ant and spider.
I suppose that is why we are always hearing about hard they work in stories.
Hope the mint works.
I will start you some other herbs in pots for you, and it would be a very good idea to put the mint in a pot, but I love mint, the herb, but mint lollies freak me way out.
xxx
Love Lorraine.

Hannah Challis said...

Ants are annoying - but pretty amazing at the same time! Quite fascinating to watch really aren't they..... but NOT when they are on your cake!!!!