Monday, March 1, 2010

A Hospital trip and ALMOST sleeping the night through!

Last night about 8 I rang the after hours Doctor as Kelsea's breathing was really fast like she'd been running flat out and she was wheezing aswell. The doc on the phone said to take her into emergency as it could be anything and to hard to tell over the phone. She threw the word Pneumonia in so I was immediately a little worried!! We waited a little while - which was ok for me as BONES was on :) SO after being assessed we waited for over an hour ( she had a temp at this stage too) in the ER when a doctor finally saw us and said she most likely had an infection (Chest or something why is it they never clarify anything at hospital?!?!) that had brought on asthma. SO they gave her ventolin - which she freaked at at first and then by the third time she was a pro! And also some prednisolone (not sure of spelling) to open her airways also antibiotic to take home!! so she is all drugged up! She was so good and actually happy playing lots of make believe games with me - even using the heart monitor clip as a "beeper" for library books and singing (when the nurse wasn't with us). Kels with all her drugs

The other news - put Eamon to bed at bout 7 last night - he slept through til about 3:30 am when I went into him and got him up - i gave him a drink of water - which he turned his nose up at and tried to rock him - but he was blowing raspberries on my arm. I wasn't in the mood after 2 hours of sleep to put up with another hour of that so i said good night put him in bed and shut all the doors. He screamed for i don't know how long as I fell asleep! THis morning I heard him wake just before 8am. Happy and excited to see me. HOWEVER he was BLUE with being COLD!! and his lips are still blue an hour later - even though he is rugged up. Need one of those all over sleeper suits I think!

4 comments:

Watson said...

What a night! Poor Kels, she did so well to sit through all of conference without a complaint of feeling unwell. Hope she picks up soon. Does that mean she is an asmthatic like her Dad? I hope not. It will be a long cold winter if that's the case. I can already feel the chill in the air. Let us know if we can do anything at all.

Rebecca said...

thanks Nicki! i hope its just a one off and not the actual disease though. The cold is in the air -almost exactly on the change of seasons hey!!Though today is just lovely! She wasn't happy during conference - when she is sick she just wants cuddles

The Kings said...

oh poor Kels! Love the pic of her with the puffer. I hope it's just a once off - would be awful if she had breathing problems like Jared.

Yeah those sleeping bag things are great - going to get one out for Kobe. Thought I may have given you one but not sure? It may still be here. Kobe's been waking a bit this week - not sure if it's because he's getting cold, but I eventually fall asleep and so does he.

Rebecca said...

LISA I think you gave me a bag - if it fits Kobe still you can have it back. i want one with legs - Eamon is famous for getting tangled and cranky!!