Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Liffey Falls

Today Eamon, Kelsea and I met up with Lorraine, Christian, Lisa, Kobe, Nicki, Maddi, Alex and Lincoln and went up to Liffey Falls. Its a lovely drive and not nearly as far as I remembered. When we got there we were a little early so the kids, Lorraine, Chrish and I went for the 1 minute walk to the "Big Tree" . It certainly was big - especially for where it was. Eamon and Kelsea played chasings around the tree with Grandma.


Kelsea is really protective of Eamon and wouldn't let him wander around - i told her to let him be for a bit then of course he went to the one spot he could fall and he fell and whacked his head on a bit of wood. (so glad Kelsea isn't old enough to say 'i told you so'!)

After everyone arrived we started down the track.

Nicki was really kind to lend me her backpack to carry Eamon in. It was a little uncomfortable on the way down and he felt really heavy - but I adjusted the strap on the way back up and though it was uphill it was MUCH easier.

It's so good to go to the rainforest again. I really miss going to places like Liffey and I'm not really sure why we haven't been doing more of it. I love the Myrtle and Sassafras trees and the MASSIVE Manferns. There are so many different little ferns also. I think that temperate rainforests would have to be my FAVOURITE type of vegetation - that and the Cusihion plants (they are so awesome).

The Falls were full of water and were glorious. Eamon got quite excited by all the water - and played spot - uncle - Chrish a couple of times ( he was darting everywhere - getting in the falls and all!)

Kelsea and Maddi had a fantastic time looking for fairies in the undergrowth. They were excited to find some purple Fairy jellybeans and collected them to put in the fairies cave.

All of the kids were soooo good. I was especially impressed with the three little boys. Kobe stayed in the stroller almost the entire time and was so good, Eamon was in the backpack and the only naughty thing he did was to throw his shoe in the river (he throws EVERYTHING at the moment - he has a strong arm too!) And Alex walked down and back up all on his own - no small feat for a two year old!

Thanks everyone for a FANTASTIC day :) (Check out lisa and chrish's blogs for AWESOME pics coming up)

OH Kelsea mastered the art of doing up her buttons on her pajamas tonight. Very proud mum and daughter :)

(how tired does she look - our resident NIGHT OWL!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Kels!!
It was a great day wasn't it Bec?
The weather was perfect, the company was great, and it was so beautiful, and best of all, like you said the kids were all sooo good.
Nicki and I were saying on the way home we should all make a list of where we all want to go for walks, and make it a goal to start doing more things like this together.
It was a really happy relaxed day, and that is what the little ones are going to remember and bond themselves to each other as they get older.
Memories are made from such as this.
Love Lorraine.
xxx

Watson said...

I'm impressed, you beat the Blogger Queen to it! Great post Becky and great photos.

Rebecca said...

Hey Nicki - only coz she is photo shoppiong her pics!!!

The Kings said...

I'll get there!! I don't like to put blog posts up too quick when there are so many photos to go through.

What a great day! Need to do it again sometime.

Aimee said...

I've never been there so I really want to go. what a trooper carrying Eamon around in the back pack...how tough are you! I remember we were forever loosing eli's shoes at that age (and it was always his good ones!)- he must have a powerful throw... love the fairy stuff. what a clever night owl of yours doing up her buttons :)

Donna said...

Sounds like so much fun... can you really push a stroller all the way to the falls???? I didn't know.. we will have to make a trip soI can go down. I would love a backpack like the one you borrowed as well.