Saturday, April 17, 2010

A day of drama!

So on Thursday I was in a store with the children and pulling Eamon along he does the usual "drop" down that the Kids all love to do so much. This time pulling him back up - something pulled in his shoulder....i didn't realise this though and he became grizzly so picking him up I tried to keep looking around and he bit my shoulder! I think - oh he must have a tooth pushing through..but no amount of peek-a-booing from kels would keep him cheered for long. I soon realised he wasn't using his left arm. So when I got home I made an appointment with a new doctors surgery (mine was booked til Monday). Very greatful to get in that day I dropped Kels off with Nicki and took the little fella to this doc. Well She sent me to have an xray - so we picked up the girl and the dad and went to the hospital where he SCREAMED so bad (Jared took him in while i sat with Kels, and he hated the dark and noise etc). The radiologist chatted to us and said there was nothing broken (or dislocated - which is what the doc thought) and he moved his arm in the socket a lot with no crying. So they sent us home. Eamon didn't use his arm still - it just hung limp by his side...he just would walk around and not use it then all of a sudden yesterday evening he decided it was better and has been fine ever since. I guess kids know how to let themselves heal though! AND he slept til 6 this morning making it an almost 12 hour stint!! {so glad he figured out how to sleep again I was worried he was turning into another bad sleeper!}

6 comments:

Cullis Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Kings said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hannah Challis said...

Hey Bec. This all sounds very familiar! Same kind of thing happened to Emily a few months ago - I ended up taking her to ER cause I couldn't get into doc. She just wouldn't use her arm! Anyway after a fair bit of examining and moving it around (doc thinks she may have put it back in - but not really sure) they decided not to xray - which I'm glad, and just said give it a few days. Em didn't use her arm for 2 days and then it just came right all of a sudden!! Its fine once its all better but at the time its a bit of a worry huh!

The Kings said...

Poor thing. Glad it is better now and VERY glad he is sleeping well for you! :)

Liseee said...

Sounds like a terrible day. Hope he is sleeping agian now and that he is much better xx

Watson said...

Becky, sometimes I think being a mother is one of the most stressful jobs around! There's always days of drama from sickness, accidents and lack of sleep. You're doing a great job. Hope this week is much better for you all.