Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter conversations

My attempts to explain the symbolism of Easter eggs this morning.

Me: The empty egg is like the Empty Tomb when Jesus was resurrected.
Kels: Oh did He eat all the chocolate?
Me: Err.. no there wasn't any chocolate
Kels: Oh Maybe the Nephites ate it.
Me: Yeah Maybe.

Kelsea is slowly retaining all the things she is learning about - not all are connecting in the right places! Her prayers are really relevant now and she always is really thoughtful {unless she is cranky;) }.Hoping that one day Easter means to her what it does to me - that is more than the big bunny and the egg hunt - she already loves her Elder Brother and I hope she always will.


{ Thanks Lisa for the photos ;) }

6 comments:

Blanche said...

kids are funny aren't they? Sometimes they comprehend far more than we ever give them credit for and then other times...they haven't got a clue!

Country/City Boy said...

haha, I love how the nephites ate the eggs, it's cute.

Rebecca said...

ya can't trust those nephites around chocolate!

The Kings said...

oh Becky - I'm wetting myself laughing!!! that is hilarious. Nice one Kels - definitely something to write down.

Anonymous said...

Oh!! I had a real giggle about Kels.
At the moment it is all about chocolate eggs isn't it?
It was a lovely day with all the family.
Just looking at Lisa's photos reinforces to me how blessed am to live in such a paradise as here.
Love Lorraine.
xxx

Jony and Scarlett said...

That is the funniest thing i have heard for a while! you have such cute kids!!!