Monday, April 25, 2011

ANZAC Day



We decided to go to Deloraine this year to participate in the ANZAC service. It will always seem like the right place to go - I think because of Jared's pop. I think there sadly are fewer people each year attending. It was hard trying to explain to Kelsea what ANZAC day was all about - she doesn't understand the concept of war - largely due to those who fought so that she could know peace. Lest we forget.


After the service - we headed home and thought we'd pop into Ashgrove Cheese Farm to try and catch up with some of Jared's old workmates. They weren't working but the children absolutely loved the cows everywhere - Eamon was calling them horses at one stage.

THis afternoon Jared got stuck into a project that has been on our minds for a while - a big boy bed for Eamon. A few weeks ago we found a cot at a garage sale with thoughts of cutting it down into a toddler bed - however it was in better condition than our cot so we thought we'd cut down our old one instead - it looks fantastic and is really sturdy for all that bed jumping that my kids love to do!

Helping dad out (after screaming about the noisy saw!!)






One happy little boy - though he was refusing to pose or smile til Kelsea teased this one out of him (oh by the way he went straight to sleep - no coming out - yet!)

4 comments:

The Kings said...

I'm glad you went out. It's so sad without Pop now though. Eamon's hair cut makes him look do much older! What a great bed! Jared is such a handy man! I'm too scared to put Kobe in a bed yet as I don't want him getting out, so I'm putting it off as long as possible.

Liseee said...

Good job Eamon!!! I'm impressed you have put him in a bed, I am dreading that day with Archer. Oh yeah Jared you did a pretty good job of the bed.

Jack is so cute, looking more and more like Kelsea each time I see him.

Rebecca said...

lol - I'd be keeping archies head away from the plaster too!!! ;) Eamon's head is nick named 'the wrecking ball"

Anonymous said...

That is an really cute little bed, and Eamon looks pretty chuffed.
Love Lorraine.
xxx