Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday with the Triffitts

Our day started early - like every day does - with Eamon up and ready to go at 4:45am - Jared got up with him and I didn't really realise what was going on - until Jack woke at about 6am, after only waking me once during the night! But strangely I was tired-er than usual. After a rare bath (Its just annoying getting out when kids want things so I just don't get in!!), I was pondering a little about why there is a Good Friday at all. I read a little from the final days of Jesus' life in Matthew and really have been struck with the thought of how very alone the Savior was during His Atonement. How his friends couldn't keep awake and even at the hardest part the Father withdrew as well. I can't really understand the love and strength and obedience he displayed to better understand all the pains of sin we bring upon ourselves so he could heal us and comfort us and be able to succor us. I guess the question for me is what will I do now and everyday to not waste this greatest of gifts.


{pic by Liz Lemon Swindle}

So we headed out to Jared's parents place and enjoyed a brunch that really turned into lunch! It was great - great food - great times. The new kitchen is a lovely place to be in. Jack looks MASSIVE next to little Hugh. Head on over to Lisa's blog for some stunning shots and more details!!
The kids had a great egg hunt with a few getting SUPER excited, its hard I think for Kelsea to get excited about chocolate - she doesn't like it as it is brown!! But Eamon is right up there with his mum in this genetic addiction!!

.


Eamon was lucky to Join Linc in getting his 3rd hair cut. It is growing so fast and thick. He was really good but got a little upset about all the hair he kept rubbing into his mouth...so he got to have a bath (his third for the day)! Thanks Aunty Lisa!


Eamon with his old curls before Christmas (so cute but he was getting mistaken for a girl - Eamon of all people!!)


I so thought this was a pic with Lorraine and Jack - even though I had already put Jacky-boy in bed!! (i'm losin' it!!) its Hugh!


Grandma got the kids some great little gifts, the girls all got some bunny ears and the little boys a Toy Story bowl. Jack got some cute Jammies also

Three little girls posing and dressed up as fairy princesses with bunny ears... or are they tiaras??


What the boys are loving to play with - dinosaurs!!! Eamon loves Dinosaurs, he watches The Land Before Time every day nearly and likes to roar like only he can!

{We also had some Easter fun in the Huon the weekend before - but I somehow wiped ALL the pictures}

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Was a great day. Great pics Bec. It's nice to see other people's photos of the same day :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is nice to see another person's take on the same day, aqnd to see different photos of everything that is happening. I wonder if Nicki will do a blog as well.
Love Lorraine.
xxx