Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chair makeover


We have been handed down lots of awesome stuff since getting married. One of these things was a dining set from my youngest brother and his lovely wife. The chairs were in great condition but have been slightly abused by my offspring since. After many scubbings - the purple suede-like fabric was looking rather sad.


A while ago I found this fabric at spotlight (I really liked it in the orangey/yellowey/redey colours but knew Jared would not). I also used some pvc plastic stuff to cover them - so easy cleaning! They are more comfortable now too.



12 comments:

Donna said...

Well I am VERY impressed Becky. Love the look and the plastic covering... very smart!

make it perfect said...

ah, you are going to LOVE wiping down that plastic cover becky! looks great!!!

The Kings said...

Oh I saw you had the chairs upside down yesterday and was wondering what was going on. They look SO nice! We need to do that to ours too.

Liseee said...

They look great Bec, the PVC will be great for cleaning.

melandpeter said...

Great job. Yet another talented Triffitt lady! xx

Rebecca said...

lol mel - not talent - just a drill and a staple gun!!!

thanks everyone - they look nicer in real life

Charlotte said...

Oh Becky I love the fabric, and they look awesome, great job. I would love to do that to ours, but there is no padding, just hard wood under the leather.

Rebecca said...

charlotte you could use some foam cut offs from the shop in launnie - or old cusions!!

Bride said...

Looks awesome! colour looks fresh and clean!
perfect for kiddo's!

Cullis Family said...

Love the chair makeover! Great fabric.

Aimee said...

looks awesome becky!
surely cleaning chairs will actually be fun now and not a chore! great job :)

Anonymous said...

Why thanks for the compliment.
They look heaps better, I think we need to do the same to ours.
Amy