Monday, April 4, 2011

Jack Henry Arrives!





Jack was born on the 7th of December 2010. He was 3 days early and I'd been having a few contractions the weekend before. The labour was the worst yet, but the delivery the best. I felt really good afterwards except for a sore back ( from labour) and just so tired from not sleeping through the night. We both looked at him and said oh he is SOOO cute! And he really was (is) cute. the first 8 weeks were really unsettled with Jack - reminding me very much of his big sister. He cried a lot and wouldn't sleep at all really even with me. He seemed to have reflux and colic and also some really bad colds. The other two kids got a bad tummy bug and I think he may have caught it. BUT he has settled down now and although he still only sleeps in small spurts (occasionally he'll go 5 hours overnight) he is much happier. Kelsea and eamon LOVE jack and shower him with love and kisses constantly. Eamon often goes right up to his face and goes in a sweet voice "hiiiii Jaaack" super cute. Kelsea is a little mum and has even changed a nappy already - or rather put on a clean one and his clothes! We took forever to come up with his name but we are really happy with it now! (I had a hundred names that Jared didn't like!!!)

5 comments:

Cullis Family said...

Jack is gorgeous. We love his name!!

Simone Triffitt said...

Aah yes my third labour was the labour from hell too!! You are amazing going all these years with little sleep. I love Jack's name too.

Blanche said...

congrats! love the name too. good choice :) and he is pretty cute.

melandpeter said...

Loved meeting little Jack the other day. You are amazing dealing with all the sleep, or should I say non-sleep issues. x

Aimee said...

ok, so I've got some blog catching up to do!
we love jack as you know (if only meggie could keep her hands off him!!)
you're a great mum, sleep-deprivation and all.